2.1. My brick is frozen
If your EV3 Brick suddenly gets frozen, you will need to reset your EV3 Brick.
1) Hold down the Back and Center buttons on the EV3 Brick.
2) When the screen goes blank, release the Back button.
3) When the screen says “Starting,” release the Center buttons.
4) Be sure you update your firmware if you have not done so to avoid future issues with your brick
5) If your robot does not go to the EV3 menu after the reset, refer to slide 4 in this presentation.
2.2 Brick repeatedly STUCK during boot/firmware update
Method 1: (Brick is on and stuck)
1) Hold down the Back, Center, and Right buttons on the EV3 Brick.
2) When the EV3 Brick restarts, release the Back button.
3) When the screen says “Updating,” release the Center and Right buttons
4) Update your firmware again using your USB cable
Method 2: (Must be able to access battery easily)
1) Remove and reinsert battery
2) When the brick is off, hold down Center and Right button together until you see “Updating”
3) Update your firmware again using your USB cable
2.3. I deleted my program, but it’s still on the brick
Can I retrieve a program from the brick if I have lost the code on my computer?
– Unfortunately, if you lost the program on your computer, there is no way to get an editable program (in EV3-G) off the brick and back to your computer.
What about the Upload button in Memory Browser?
– It will let you get a copy of a compiled (binary) version of your program. However, you will not be able to view or edit the program in your EV3 software again.